Today there is a generation of us in the workforce, totally familiar with layoffs, and totally unfamiliar with the idea that a job is secure. Ever. The good news about this is that there is not a huge difference between someone laid off and someone not laid off in that all of us feel vulnerable and scared.
Which means the etiquette is different than it used to be for talking to someone who’s been laid off.
- Court decision on TSA searches
- I would like to tell you everything.
- Little robots restore my faith in humanity
- Wired: “The Untold Story of the World’s Biggest Diamond Heist”
- UK police surveillance of political demonstrations
- The da Vinci Delay
- Big Brother gets Big Shoulders
- Why I’m not worried about Apple’s Succession plans